Innocent Spouse Attorney – Killer Assistance On Cases
Innocent Spouse Attorney – Your Particular Case May Not Need An Attorney, Find Out Why!
What are Innocent Spouse Cases?
Innocent Spouse Cases are there for those that need tax relief of their tax liabilities, interest and penalties as a result of filing a joint tax return with your current or ex-spouse . Innocent spouse cases are not very straight forward, and they often require the knowledge of a good IRS attorney.The IRS created innocent spouse relief because situations do arise where it would be unfair to hold a spouse liable for the tax liability that was created. Innocent spouse tax relief is available from the IRS and some states. It can relieve you from taxes, penalties and interest that were acquired from a joint tax return that you filed with your spouse or ex-spouse.
Types of Innocent Spouse Relief
- “Classic” Innocent Spouse Relief
- Classic type of relief available for an understatement of tax while filing a joint return.
- Relief by Separation of Liability
- Under this form of relief the understatement of tax is allocated between you and your spouse or former spouse.
- Equitable Relief
- Relief is available for an understatement of tax as well as an underpayment of tax. This type of relief is used if someone does not qualify for the first two types of relief but it would be unfair to hold them liable for the tax amount owed.
File with the IRS by sending to the following location:IRS – IRS-Stop 840-FInnocent SpousePO Box 120053Covington, KY 41012Do not send to any other IRS address, this is the central location for processing requests for innocent spouse relief. If mailed somewhere else it will significantly delay the process.For more valuable information concerning innocent spouse issues, please See Our Innocent Spouse Page.We recommend that you consider all of the issues. It should lead you to conclude that you should hire an IRS attorney or CPA.
- If you are considering hiring us, call Joe Mastriano, CPA 713-774-4467.
- Think your IRS problems are handled? Think again!
- For your analysis, click here to email me.